Renogy's DC to DC MPPT on-board Battery Charger is designed to give you options! This multi-stage, multi-input battery charger can charge a service battery from a starting battery linked to an alternator or by utilizing solar panels connected directly to the unit. While your vehicle's alternator prioritizes your starting battery, this unit will allow your solar system to charge your service battery first! It's the smart way to keep yourself fully charged and off-grid longer! And with multi-stage charging and multi-chemistry functionality, Renogy's DC to DC MPPT Charger has you covered whether you're using Flooded, Gel, AGM, or Lithium batteries. With RJ45 communication port featured, you can unlock monitoring features exclusively using the BT-2 Bluetooth Module and Renogy DC Home App, control and monitor the device remotely through your phone in real time.
Battery Temperature Sensor
IGN Signal Wire
|DCC50S 12V 50A DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger with MPPT
|Battery voltage Range
|M8*1.25 - 10mm
|Maximum Charging Current
|SLD, GEL, FLD, LI,USER
|Operating Temperature Range
|-31°F - 149°F
|Service Battery Charging Mode
|Storage Temperature Range
|-40°F - 176°F
|Up to 97%
|Operating / Storage Humidity
|0%-95%, No Condensation
|Max. Solar Input Voltage
|Max. Solar Input Power
|660W @ 50A
|Alternator Input Voltage
Traditional Alternator: 13.2-16VDC
Smart Alternator (Euro 6): 12-16VDC
|Max. Alternator Input Power
|660W @ 50A
|Material and workmanship warranty
|FCC Part 15 class B
1. What type of alternator is this on-board battery charger compatible with?
2. What will happen if the service battery is fully charged?
3. What types of battery does the charger support?
4. How do I set the battery since there is no display screen?
1. Do not reverse the polarity since the reverse polarity of the battery connections can cause injury and damage to the device.
2. When connecting the charger and the battery, make sure the battery poles are clean when connecting the terminals, select a sufficient cross-section for the connection cable, tighten the nuts and bolts with proper torque as loose connections may cause overheating.
3. Be careful not to over-torque the terminals on the DCDC as over-torquing may cause irreparable damage (Do not exceed 16 N-m / 3.3 ft-lb).
4. Use the following cable colors:
Red: positive connection
Black: negative connection
5. If the battery charger is connected to the starting battery and solar panels at the same time, the maximum input current will be 25A for each; if the battery charger only connects one of the two DC inputs, the maximum input current will be 50A.
More questions about your off-grid power system? Learn more from Renogy Learning Center!
Please click the links below to download the manuals:
|RBC3050D1S Fuse Installation Instructions